If you want to stay on top of cyber security, it’s worth keeping an eye on upcoming trends. As attackers become more sophisticated, so too do our security solutions. Here are the cybersecurity trends to look out for from 2021 and beyond?
Multifactor authentication is not new, but it has become more prevalent since 2021. It generally provides additional protection by asking you to confirm your identity.
After typing in your username and password, an additional code will be sent to you to type in. This is an extra user verification step and prevents hackers from gaining access to your information. Even if someone guesses your username and password, they won’t be able to access your account without going through the extra security check. As a code is usually sent to your mobile number, only you can access it.
The amount of data that businesses create and store increases every year. Unfortunately, hackers constantly look for ways to get their hands on this data. That’s where data protection comes in.
Since 2021, there has been a lot more focus on data protection methods – making sure you store your data on a secure platform and preparing for all kinds of threats, such as cyber-attacks, human error, and file corruption.
5G technology is expected to hit the mainstream next year. However, while it has the potential to boost internet speeds and boost reliability dramatically, it also poses a lot of security concerns.
Hackers will already be looking at ways to compromise 5G systems. So, there is a need for strict 5G security software and techniques to protect users against potentially complicated risks.
Cyber insurance is expected to dominate the market as cybersecurity issues become more dominant. This type of insurance will be considered crucial because it will provide protection when a business is compromised.
Like any type of insurance, it is important to compare providers. Not all policies will include everything you need. So, you’ll want to ensure the insurance you invest in covers the potential risks you can be exposed to.
Filling the Cyber Security Skills Gap
At the moment, there is a shortage in cyber security skills. However, from 2021, we can expect more people to enter the sector, filling the gap for better protection. Cybersecurity experts will be invaluable in protecting consumers and businesses from cyber-attacks.
As you can see, some exciting cybersecurity trends are starting in 2021 to watch out for. As technology continues to advance, so too does cyber security. The recent pandemic has forced many of us to start working from home, so online security has become a major factor.
It is more crucial now than ever before to protect ourselves and our data from attackers. So, throughout the coming years, we will undoubtedly see a lot more cyber security tools and software introduced onto the market.
Prediction of Trends by Experts
The amount of insights on cybersecurity trends changes constantly due to rapid advances in technology. The following is a snippet of information from industry experts.
Forbes – Cybersecurity Trends From 2021 To Keep An Eye On In 2022
On their article that can be obtained from this link, Forbes cited an article from Gartner, a global technology research institute that predicted that “60% of organizations will use cybersecurity risk as a primary determinant in conducting third-party transactions and business engagements by 2025.”
Forbes argues that “the future of enterprises is only as secure as the digital technologies being utilized by organizations and individuals. Companies should lean into secure, enterprise-grade communication solutions in 2022 to demonstrate proactive policies versus reactive”.
- Digital transformations moved the needle in 2021. According to the article, as enterprises adopted digital policies, cybersecurity challenges quickly arose. Security and risk management were elevated concerns in 2021 and will continue to be board-level issues.
- End-to-end encrypted communications ensure compliance. Forbes’ key takeaway is that organisations and industries that recognize the need for and implement secure end-to-end encrypted solutions could safely digitize the workplace and processes without risking compliance.
Security Intelligence – Cybersecurity Trends: IBM’s Predictions for 2022
Jennifer Gregory is the author of an article that can be obtained by clicking here. She contends that there a huge shift in how consumers and businesses carry out their respective duties with the continued shift being to digital and cloud. She then says that, as a result of disappearing perimeters and increased digital data, cybersecurity attacks have increased.
Here follows a list of interesting topics from this article:
- One Business’s Ransomware Attack Will Become Another Business’s Extortion
- Supply Chain Attacks Will Become a Top Boardroom Concern
- Blockchain Will Become a Cyber Crime Hideout
- Hybrid Cloud Will Win Security Points
- Cybersecurity Regulation Will Lead to Bigger Security Budgets
- Regional Regulatory Solutions Will Lead to Global Business Problems
- Zero Tolerance for Trust Will Redefine the State of Security
- Ransomware Syndicate Takedowns Will Shift Attackers’ Target Focus
- High Number of Breaches in Early 2022
- Cloud-Bound Malware and Attacks Will Proliferate Considerably
- Triple Extortion: The DDoS Flavor (DDoS is Direct Denial of Service)
- Sanctioned Nation-States Will Step Up Financial Attacks
Forbes – The Five Biggest Cyber Security Trends In 2022
I follow Bernard Marr who is an internationally best-selling author, popular keynote speaker, futurist, and a strategic business & technology advisor to governments and companies. On his highly interesting article that can be found on this link, he outlines in detail the following five trends:
- AI-powered cybersecurity
- The growing threat of ransomware
- The Internet of Vulnerable Things
- Cyber-security risk and exposure a key factor in partnership decisions
- Regulation starting to catch up with risk
Blue Phakwe’s Cloud Solutions
We offer different products and services that protect cloud users from the risks of cloud computing.
Our solutions cover different cybersecurity products that will make your computing environment safe and reliable. Here are the areas of concern and their related solutions that we offer:
|malware, antivirus, etc.
|malicious intrusions, firewalls, etc
|Cloud Computing Security
|emails, online banking, etc.
|Internet of Things (IoT) Security
|access control, trusted behavior policies, etc
|Important Infrastructure Security (hospitals, power grid, etc)
|all of the above solutions
We provide these solutions through our online technology store, where we are continuously adding products on.