How we can help
We’ll ensure that you focus on the opportunities
Our financial management consulting division is led by a former Chief Financial Officer (CFO) whose past experience include getting a municipal entity in the city of Johannesburg to achieve an unqualified audit report for two successive years.
The following is a sample of typical challenges faced by many municipalities or similar entities:
- No clean audit reports due in part to lack of robust financial processes and controls.
- Billing systems are not properly and timely updated, which results in incorrect billing information.
- Non-payment for services is not properly managed; follow ups are difficult due to inaccurate customer data.
- Water and electricity losses cannot be measured reliably and it becomes difficult to manage.
Based on our experience, we offer the following services to address the foregoing:
- Assistance in optimising current Revenue management and cash management processes.
- Assistance in selecting appropriate Revenue and financial management tools or systems.
- Compilation of Financial Statements in terms of Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP) requirements.
- Improvement of existing financial policies and procedures.
- Assistance in compilation of Business Plans to access the Municipality Infrastructure Grant (MIG).
- Creation, enhancement and maintenance of Asset Registers in terms of GRAP 17.
- Providing advisory services in managing Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables.
- Improving existing Financial Planning and Budgeting (see Hyperion on Applications sections).
- Development or improvement of Supply Chain policies and processes.
- Implementing automated billing systems in line with municipality requirements.
Why Blue Phakwe?
- Local and international experience in information technology, engineering, manufacturing, financial management and general business portfolio management.
- Continuous research and application of the latest tools, methods and technologies to enable improved security, controls and compliance.
- Driven by the passion for customer satisfaction by offering high quality solutions that are tailored to customers’ specific needs.